How Much Difference Can Your Agent Make?
BCP's client got $62K more. Same street, Same market environment...
Which Selling Homeowner Would You Rather Be?
During the first six months of 2021, BCP pushed Landmark Mews TH valuations above $800K. During the latter half of 2021, buying activity slowed during the July through October period. Other Landmark Mews TH sellers chased a buyer during this period with price reductions of $45K, $50K, & $120K, which resulted in substantially lower sale prices as compared to earlier in 2021.
One example is a comparable TH across the street that listed for sale during the same period as our client's house for a similar price. After $50K in price reductions, the other Brampton TH sold for a net $738K result in December. Two other THs sold for net $718K and $742K results at the end of 2021 after the above drastic price reductions.
Our client had the advantage of BCP's tracking of weekly buying activity in the relevant TH micro-market to understand that lowering price when there are few to no active buyers reduces the end sale price when buying activity picks up.
BCP also used our experience and knowledge of this micro-market and the Communtiy resulting from a focus upon Landmark Mews to successfully distinguish the low price sale THs to obtain a proper market price for our client.
Please enjoy this 3 bedroom, 3 full & 2 half bath, 1-car garage, 3062 finished sq.ft. townhouse in the Landmark Mews community located in Alexandria, Virginia.
The quality and scope of the upgrades throughout the house present a rarely found opportunity – A truly move-in ready home located inside the Beltway with immediate access to 395/495/95, but within a tree-lined community in a Park-like setting. The house is located on a quiet, dead-end street, with the beautifully landscaped Community Commons just steps away from the front door at the end of Brampton.
A detailed summary of the house features and upgrades, the Landmark Mews community, and the Landmark Mall redevelopment project is provided below.
The upgrades and appointments to this house are present in every room with the focus on quality readily apparent throughout.
- The elegance of this house starts at the curb, with a curved brick walk and stoop leading to the solid wood front door. A dwarf Japanese maple, a Winter-blooming Camelia, and a beautiful specimen Mugo pine provide both visual appeal and low-maintenance landscaping.
- The house opens to a welcoming entrance created by the 10 foot ceiling, bronze 5-light candelabra, and 18x18 tile floor installed on the bias.
- The fully remodeled kitchen is designed to inspire the cook and to impress your guests alike, with Stainless appliances, soft close cabinetry, granite counters with a coordinating tile backslash, and under-cabinet lighting. The kitchen has a short peninsula for two seats to watch to cook at work or for informal dining.
- The Main Level has bamboo floors with a tobacco-color finish that creates an eye-pleasing, rich look. A gas fireplace with a brick surround and hearth adds to the warmth of this living space.
- The Main Level has crown molding throughout, with a neutral wall color to accommodate any design style.
- The Dining Room has a skylight to provide additional natural light to this living space.
- A fully upgraded half bath is also located on the Main Level.
- The Main Level opens to circular brick steps, then to a fenced-in brick patio, with raised brick planting beds with evergreen plantings and a drip irrigation system for low-maintenance landscaping. Mature Crepe myrtle and Japanese maple trees providing both privacy and 3-season color to enjoy. This outdoor space is accessed through an upgraded slider door, which provides natural light and easy inside/outside entertaining or relaxation. The patio backs to the nicely landscaped pocket park on Manchester Way, rather than another house, with the mature trees providing additional green screen privacy to the Main Level and the Owner’s Suite.
- Another "green view" benefit for this house is its location on Brampton which is just steps from the Community Commons at the end of the street. The Commons is discussed in the Community details section below.
- The Owner's Suite is large enough to make a King-size bed look small, with a large walk-in closet. Another storage closet is located between the Owner’s Suite bathroom and the walk-in closet, with frosted glass doors making this utility space a nice design element of this space.
- The Owner's Suite bathroom has been fully remodeled with the same attention to details found in the kitchen, with high-quality design choices made for the stand alone tub, shower enclosure and door, vanity and Quartz top, and flooring. A heated towel rack is another well-thought design element.
- The second bedroom on this level is also sized as an Owner's Suite, with a fully remodeled bathroom.
- The open Upper Level has the third bedroom which can serve as a guest suite, with a full bathroom. This level has two large walk-in closets and walk-in attic storage space.
- As an Owner’s Retreat, a comfortable chair on the Upper Level will provide a great spot to read a book or take a relaxing nap. This level can also serve as an office or workout space.
- The Lower Level is large enough to allow the homeowner to set up a TV-watching area, as well as space for seating in front of the second gas fireplace.
- This level also has built-in bookcases and a full bar topped by beautiful, high-end granite.
- The Lower Level has an updated half bath.
- The laundry room is located on the Lower Level, with an overhead shelf for storage, room for floor storage shelves, and a utility sink.
- The mechanical room on this level provides additional storage space.
- All windows have been replaced in 2011 with double-hung, vinyl-clad windows.
- The rear roof was replaced in 2019.
- The HVAC systems (Carrier) were installed in 2015.
- The hot water heater was replaced in 2015.
- All light fixtures in the house have been upgraded.
- Residents can park in Visitor parking overnight. Visitor parking is located around the corner of the house on Manchester Way, within a 30 second walk to the front door.
Landmark Mews community details:
Landmark Mews is a community of 148 townhouses located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 and no-cost bus service to the Van Dorn Metro that you can catch with a 10-minute walk from the front door. The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Landmark Mews. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex a 10 minute drive.
In 2020, Landmark Mews completed a two-year renovation of its entire landscaping, which includes installation of LED pathway lighting. The community also has a large central grass Commons with walking paths, benches, and landscaping that creates a space for a peaceful walk or quiet reflection, with this green space located a short stroll from the front door. With the extensive landscaping, mature trees, and brick driveways and front walks throughout the community, Landmark Mews provides its residents with eye-pleasing views to enjoy outside their home every day.
The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria's West End are located to benefit the community from their proximity. Landmark Mews will offer its residents easy access to the shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities in these projects, yet you get to live in a Park-like setting, with a neighborhood look and feel.
Landmark Mews is also uniquely positioned to derive maximum "livability," health-related, and location-driven community appeal and valuation benefits from the Landmark Mall Redevelopment project (see below).
Landmark Mews also offers its residents access to Fios high speed internet.
Update On Alexandria West End Redevelopment Project:
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City December, 22, 2020 press announcement, City July 6, 2021 press announcement, and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment 1-4-2021 Community Information Session presentation (last link is to the video posted by the City to Facebook of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to this property website)).
A one-page summary document identifying the project details, timeline, and budgetary information from public sources is attached to this website (see at bottom of Overview section).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa);
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
The new Landmark will be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
- In July 2021, the City approved the Coordinated Development District (CDD) Plan for the project.
- In September 2021, the City established the Landmark Community Development Authority (CDA) to address infrastructure improvements related to the project.
In November 2021, the City purchased the first of three land parcels for the hospital.
In 2022, the City will purchase the remaining two land parcels and give final approval to the site plan. Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first non-hospital buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
In addition to bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, entertainment options five minutes from Landmark Mews, the Landmark project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook, Greenhill South, Avanti 550, and others.
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2014-2022 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).